Saturday, July 30, 2016

See You At Gencon!!!

So here we are. Its the last day of July and I leave for Gencon Wednesday morning. I will be helping to set up the Infinity tables and terrain as well as the Spartan booth Wednesday afternoon after a drive of a little less than 4 hours. Telarion will be attending this year. So if you are looking for pick up games of Firestorm Armada and want to test your skills against the North American Champ come find me at the Spartan Booth or in the exhibition hall with my fellow Warcors. So what am I looking forward to? Several things.



I am really looking forward to hanging out with the Spartan crew and the gang at Corvus Belli. This year Spartan Derek will be on site. Telarion is looking forward to playing him in a game or two to show him how we do things across the pond. The only thing I can predict from this encounter is the Aquans getting hit with a big Nerf bat. It should be a good time with my fellow Warcors too. They are quite the bunch of guys and shenanigans will ensue. So will the goo scotch.

I am looking forward to trying out Halo Ground command. I am hoping this game is good and might be a possible influence for Planetfall 2.0. Planetfall has fallen off pretty hard in our area. The summer can be to blame for a lot of the drop off, but some of our group was getting frustrated with the rules and the constant changes to them. I am not a fan of a game being released and then feeling like it has been basically a live public beta test. I am curious about the future of the games and such at Spartan and it will be nice to have Neil and Derek there so I can pick their brains.

The Gencon exclusives. That is what I am really looking forward to. The New Infinity starter and the convention exclusive models will be mine! I am also going to be on the hunt for Uhlans as I need them for the Michigan GT at the end of September. Warsenal is probably going to get a majority of my money as they have some cool bundles and an Exclusive Mayacast Studio B building, which is massive, to kick off their new Haqqislam themed terrain line. I have my budget and I am hoping I don't blow it all in the first day. As much as I want the Studio B, I need to finish my Comanche table and as long as they have the buildings I want there I am going to finish it. Spartan also has a cool Halo diorama model for players partaking of the new 2 player boxed set of Halo Ground Command.  I am looking forward to trying out the game.  It is fighting for a spot in my budget allocation if I like it.


That is what I am looking forward to. I am also looking forward to meeting new people and meeting up with players and fans who came by and said hi last year. It looks like this year is going to be good. I was a rookie last year, but now I am prepared.

See you all at Gencon!


Until then crush the Alliance and all glory to the Hyper-power........



REMEMBER DRAMOS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment