Saturday, February 6, 2021

Curve Balls

 


Hi all.  Well things went off the rails quick, at least in regard to the blog.  We are still recording the podcast though so thats good.  I started a new job in October and it has me beat when I get home every day. The big downer that has kept me from writing is the loss of my father.  He passed away from complications due to covid a few days after I started my new job.  Things have been pretty rough after that.  2020 kept throwing curve balls at us.  Shortly after Dad passed away my wife and I had a covid scare after being exposed at a restaurant.  I know what you are saying.  It was dumb to go out.  It was and we are not anymore despite things opening back up here in Michigan.  I go to work, come home exhausted and basically thats it.  I have been able to get a few games of Battletech in though with my best friend Schoop.  We are playing the Tukayyid campaign.  The new year came and we had some hope things would be better.  Things are still not optimal, but I think things are starting to perhaps turn around.


I have a few things on my plate in regards to gaming.  Battletech, as I mentioned before, has been primarily the game I have been able to play as of late.  The new Dystopian Wars rules and Starter set have been released by Warcradle.  I plan on picking up some Dystopian Wars stuff in the near future. I am eagerly awaiting the new Prussians.  If Warcradle does what they did for Wild West Exodus I should be able to pick up the rules and such seperatly along with Prussian fleet stuff when it pops up. Nobody really plays around me, but I do like a good Naval game.  The FSA beta has been kind of back burner for me as I have had nobody to play with.  The main group has been communicating via texting or Dischord and we have not been getting together.

I have been facinated with Drop Fleet Commander as well.  I really like the models and the concept of the game intrigues me.  I plan on picking up either the starter set or a couple fleets and the rule book if I can find it seperatly.  I have lots of interest in stuff right now and the means to purchase it, but I don't have people to play with at the moment really. It is a weird state of affairs.

Well thats all for now.  I felt an update was needed.  I plan on doing some entries related to Battletech in the near future.  Particularly about Alpha Strike.  George is gung ho about it and I just picked up the Commanders edition rule book. Its a new twist on Battletech.  You are freed from the hexmap and can play the game like a regular tabletop war game.  You don't use the big record sheets.  The stats are reduced to a card and it allows you to do bigger battles.  I am eager to try it out and see how it plays compared to regular Battletech.  I am so use to a hexmap it will be an interesting transition.


until next time.....


Remember Dramos

No comments:

Post a Comment