Friday, August 7, 2020

And We Are back!

 

Well it has been almost a year since I have done anything with the blog.  I don't even know if its on Anybody's radar anymore.  I am back though after this long hiatus.  I am not going to make any promises but I am going to try and post every couple weeks to keep people in the loop about stuff and talk about gaming.  I am into a few different games now so I should have a decent amount of stuff to talk about.

The big news is that Ruckdog and I are going to be starting up our old podcast Exploding Dice Radio.  With the aquisition of all the Spartan properties by Warcradle Studios and Wayland Games, we have our favorite ship and space ship games coming back with new editions and new models.  Dystopian Wars has been in beta for a while due to the Pandemic and Firestorm Armada has been on the back burner for beta testing also due to the pandemic.  Ruckdog and I will be chatting about all things Dystopian and FSA as they develop and as the games reach their final stages.  I know I am eagerly waiting for the new Firestorm Armada.  So what else is new?

I have been dealing with a lot of personal stuff really.  I found myself lacking the passion I once did for things.  This meant gaming in a big way.  Its has taken a while, but I am rekindling the love of gaming and I have branched out a bit.  I am still doing Infinity.  N4 is due out this month so I am looking forward to that.  I am hoping a new edition cleans up some of the issues with the game. I have aquired some Germans to play Bolt Action once the gaming area of the FLGS opens back up.  I don't see that happening for a while, but it will happen eventually.  

I did manage to get a game of Battletech in with a friend.  We have been next to zero contact with the outside world, so we were confident nobody would get the rona.  Masks were a thing.  This one game has sparked a fire for Battletech.  It was the game that got me into miniature war games.  That game combined with Tex Talks Battletech on YouTube, really they are great check them out, Is getting me passoinate again.  I will be getting a bunch of Battletech stuff in the near future.  I honestly do not know what happened to all the stuff I use to have.

I have been slowly getting back to painting as well.  It has been rough getting in the mood to paint though. I did paint up a model of the Hulk recently for the Game Marvel Crisis Protocal.  It turned out decent.  I need to get some good pictures of it.

Well thats all for now.  Stay tuned for more!

as always


REMEMBER DRAMOS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment