Friday, May 18, 2012

Finally I am Painting Again: My Wraith Seer

Hi All.  SeerK here with my first painted model in a while.  After Samsquatch Monster laid down the Paint a KP a week Challenge, I decided it was time to get off my butt and actually do something in the hobby other than playing.  So I give You my new Wraith Seer, Venerable Seer Badjer. 
I went with a simple color scheme.  The colors of Ulthwe.  I have not really painted a whole lot over the past year and it feels good to have a model turn out half way decent.  Its not my best work but i find it acceptable.

The Wraith Seer is a very nice unit.  It has a slightly better profile than a standard Wraithlord.  A weapon Skill of 5, 4 wounds and 3 attacks.  It also benefits from a 3+ armor save and a 5+ Invulnerably save, which frankly I think standard Wraithlords should have.  It acts as a Spirit Seer to Wraithguard and Wraithlord units which is a big help when you are running this guy in a Wraith wall list.  Its Wraith Spear also adds +1 to results on the vehicle damage table.  This makes the Wraithseer pretty deadly to vehicles.

His powers also are nice.  Sadly you don't get the benefit of spirit stones or Runes Of Witnessing.  I think this would make this guy a little over the top though especially with Spirit Stones Equipped.  You can make a Wraithlord or Wraithguard squad Fleet with one power.  You can also give the same two units Feel No Pain.  Kind of sick albeit a moot point most of the time, especially with Wraithlords, given the weapons typically directed at them to bring them down.  The last power makes an enemy unit within 18 inches take a pinning check at a -2 to their leadership.  This power could actually come in very handy.  Granted you have to be close, but if you have night spinner support or Pathfinders also forcing checks you may get lucky.

So next time I will have some more projects and musings on the Wraith Wall concept, and I will introduce a list i have been playing with that I call " Strength 6 Is The New Black".


Until next time.....................



Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment