Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Product Review: Chapter House Studios Farseer and Warlocks on Jetbikes

Finally they have arrived. I am very excited that I have finally received my Farseer and Warlocks on Jet bikes conversion kits from Chapter House Studios. I have to say I am very pleased by the kits and it was worth the wait. I bought one Farseer and four Warlocks. This is what held up my order as the warlocks were out of stock when I placed my order. Chapter House Studios is a two man operation and have proved extremely popular so be patient if your order takes a little while. They are cranking the models out as fast as possible. But I digress
The Farseer kit provides two choices of body, male or female, and a choice of weapons, either singing spear or witch blade. They also have these nifty shield generators you mount on the side of the jet bikes cowl. It makes the model really stand out. All you need to provide is a jet bike to mount them on. I went hunting on eBay for a good deal on bikes.  I found quite a few deals for 3 or more so finding bikes should not prove hard if you want to do this project on the cheap. The kits themselves are gorgeous. They have a lot of detail and fit together very nicely. One word of warning though. If you have not worked with resin before you should brush up on the subject. Resin can be a harsh mistress. I like the kind of resin they are using for the kits though. It has more give than the stuff from Forgeworld. I did not have the problems I had with my Titan. My experience has taught me that Forgeworld resin is brittle and pretty unforgiving. The Chapter House figures did not give me any problems though.
The kits run about $15.00 each so about the cost of a GW independent character. It is defiantly worth the price. The figure is detailed and looks great, even despite my meager painting skills. Chapter House has many great conversion kits for other armies as well. I know Old School Terminator is a fan of their Salamanders Chaplin. Check them out at their website.
I am very pleased I can now bring a Seer Council in quick for some dooming then getting out of harms way. I will have a battle report with the new Bike council very soon.

Until then.................



Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment