Saturday, May 18, 2013

SeerK's Codex Wishlist

So we have the new Eldar codex about to drop.  I am not big on the rumors as things can change pretty
quick.  I take them all with a grain of salt.  I do have some things that I would like to see and some of the rumors are in line with some things on my wish list.

One of the big things I want to see, which will probably happen, is some point reductions for units.  Now we have seen rumors that Guardians are getting a bit cheaper and some other units are being brought in line.  This is to be expected as, so far, the new hardback codexs have seen point reductions to bring them in line with how the new edition plays.  I am glad to see Guardians getting cheaper as I use them....a lot.

In fact a few of my wishes are Guardian related.  Making them cheaper is nice, but I really want expanded options.  I hope the rumor of new plastics is true and we will finally get a Guardian squad box that can be built as Storm Guardians or Catapult Guardians.  I am hoping we will have options for grenades and such in addition to any heavy weapons or special weapons.  A SGT besides a Warlock would be nice as well.  I still want a Warlock option, but I want it to be leadership 9.  A Guardian SGT with LD 9 would be nice especially if he gets expanded wargear options.

I have also heard a rumor about Farseers being only 2 wounds now.  I hope this comes with an associated reduction in points and cheaper optional equipment.  Also not having to purchase powers with points will be a welcome change even if powers are now random.  I really hope the Eldar have their own discipline for psychic powers.  Maybe its just me not wanting to give up Fortune, but I don't want to lose it.  Granted loosing it would mean that I would have to relearn the army for real.  I have no allusions though.  I know this is going to be an overhaul.  Any similarities to the last codex will be superficial as you dig down into the core of the new book.

I hope the flyers operate much like the current Forgeworld flyers.  As much as I dislike Forgeworld being used in normal games, I do like the Nightwing and the Phoenix Bomber.  It will be very nice having the only Vector Dancing flyers in the game for a while.  Being able to line up and literally fly circles around Helldrakes and such will be great fun.

On the subject of point reductions, I am really hoping for reductions in points on vehicles.  Namely I want point reductions on Vypers and Wave Serpents.  I like to run Vypers and I know Spellduckwrong likes to run those bad boys as well.  A small point reduction and maybe a squadron size increase would be very nice.

I like the stuff I am hearing, but we will see what the future holds in a couple weeks.

Until Next time.....



Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment