Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eldar Rumors

SO its far off and likely going to be in 6th edition, but there are some murmurs around the web.  Granted you have to take them with a grain of salt the size of a truck, but some sound cool and I know I would like to see them. I found this on Heresy Online.  The local "experts" did not give it much credit, but I found the forum monkeys generally just hate on everything. so here they are.

Eldar Rumors; Plastic Vampyre and Additional Aspects

Eldar are something I am sure that many people are waiting for any word on, so this little gem appeared. The highlight in my book is the 2 additional aspect warrior types and the plastic vampyre.



Please remember that these rumors are very early still, so please take with a some salt.


via RandomThoughts


Eldar Storm Guardians come in boxes of 8 with a min of 10...


response from ghost21

expect it to change(unit size); 8 to a squad min

via ghost21

plastic vampyre,
solitare,
dragon riders,
possibly exodite character
and 2 additional aspect warrior types

I think the plastic Vampyre is an viable option or even a super heavy tank of some sort.  Given the rumors that 6th edition will have super heavy rules as part of the main book, it makes sense to have at least 1 super heavy for the races that have vehicles of a decent cost in plastic.
Storm Guardians seem viable as a re-release but since they sell them now unless they are redesigning the guardian models it makes no sense.
I think additional Aspects can be assumed.  I would think Shadow Specters or 2 Aspects which share a new plastic kit would make sense from a model release perspective.
The Dragon riders and an Exodite character harken back to Rogue Trader and 2nd edition.  If GW wants to sell models we can expect new units and since we have not seen a lot of Exodites at all this I think is viable.  Also given the rumored focus 6th edition is going to have on the Eldar expanding on the race makes sense.
This would also lend some credence to the return of everbodys favorite 2nd edition killing machine the Harlequin Solitaire.  If its the end times I can see the Harlequins getting a face lift and the Solitaire being put back in.

So next time I will have an update about the Kabal Of Da Big Teef.  I have some pictures of my half done Battle Wagon and the 80% complete "TruK".  I have an Idea about doing some "Orkubi", we will see if I can make it work.

Until then...............


Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment