Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A New Member of the Council Has Arrived...

Used without permission. All rights belong to original artist. 

Hello All, SeerK had asked me to guest write on this blog from time to time and I accepted the invitation. So, I guess I should start with a small amount of my 40k background since I will be contributing to a 40k blog, after all. I'm not one for introductions so I'll try to be brief.

So here it goes. I bought my Eldar Battleforce box and my first Farseer model the week before the new 4th edition book came out. Having a new rules set meant that everyone had a learning curve ahead of them, so I wouldn't be so very far behind. I was stationed in Germany at this time during my enlistment with the U.S. Army. Europe was the first continent I played 40k on, North America the second and Asia was the third. 

During 5th edition, I was playing in Iraq, FLGS's in Kansas and when I left military active duty, I traveled to different events and tournaments in Michigan taking a sample of each local meta's flavor. I think that I have greatly benefited from my exposure to diverse gaming groups throughout the years.

Now here we are in 6th edition and I am still commanding my Craftworld's war host in the uphill battle against codex creep. I have stuck with Eldar through the years because they really mesh with how I play games in general. I like fast, semi-resilient things with devastating firepower.  Not surprisingly, I favor the faster elements available to the Eldar armies and most of my tactical doctrine involves targeted destruction and weaponized mobility. 

This is just a post to say hello and introduce myself. The topics that I will be posting on in the future will probably be strategy based, at least my version of it anyway, seen through the Eldar lens of course. Hopefully, there will be some sincere discussions on these topics. I have noticed that many people have sentenced the Eldar to mediocrity and won't even try to find ways to succeed with them.

 I find this a pity because, true, the Eldar codex is no longer shiny or flashy, but just like that old trusty revolver your grandfather had left over from the war, it still does the job if you know how to use it.

Good luck at Adepticon, everyone.


-Spellduckwrong 

Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment