Thursday, July 15, 2010

You win some and you loose some

Well I got in a couple battles Wednesday.  The first was a massive 6000 points per side Apocalypse battle Against my arch nemesis the Daemons.  I fielded the Seer Council of Ulthwe formation as well as my Revenant Titan armed with Pulsars and Cobra 2 super heavy tank.  This time I had to face 2 daemon lords and a tower of skulls.  I actually did not do to bad at first.  I was killing the daemon units decently, but things went bad as the titan fell to Ang Groth and the Daemon army did all it could to run away from the Seer Council.  Granted after I checked something I cried Shenanigans on the fact Ang groth should have been charging the closest unit every turn.  He was not and was by passing several.  I am not going to go into great detail as I lost and I am done playing against Daemon armies.  I have some issues with the codex and how it works and I also have issue with the Forge World Named Daemon lords and their rules.  I will just leave it at that.




I played a second game after taking a break.  This time I broke out the Dark Eldar for an 1850 point game against a Necron Horde.  I used the 1850 list I detailed in the last blog entry.  My opponent had 2 monoliths, 20 immortals, 20 warriors, 2 tomb spiders, 3 destroyers and  a lord.  It was an Annihilation mission with a Dawn of War Deployment.
This games went much better than the first as I phased him on turn 3.  Turbo boosting the whole army, except the Ravagers, so I was in his face when he cam on the board and then laying into the units with dark lance, blaster, and Dizzy fire pretty much did most of the job by turn 2.  The only unit to disembark was the Archon and his retinue.  They slayed the remaining warrior squad, all three in it, and the Ravagers cleaned up enough of the Immortals with Dizzy fire to get him below his Phase number, 11, by the time he was to start his portion of turn three.  I had one Ravager mobilized and 2 dead Reaver Jet Bikes.
I was amazed to say the least.  The army hit so fast and so hard.   It was a night and day difference between the Dark Eldar and my Craftworlders.
Me thinks I am going to get my nose to the grindstone and get the Dark Kin painted up to snuff to use at the GW tournament.  Sadly I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me to get pictures of all these games.  I just have to much stuff to load up into the car now and I keep forgetting to just put the camera in my backpack.  Thats going to be priority one when I get home.
So next time we will continue our march down the dark path and look at the different elements of the current Dark Eldar codex.  I am crossing my fingers  the rumors about the new codex coming out in October are true.



So until then.......................






Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment